Clients are able to open In Trust For (ITF) accounts at Wealthsimple. The process to open one is the exact as a normal account with one additional form. Please note that these ITF accounts are not legal trust accounts. There are no trustees or beneficiaries and the account is taxable directly to the account owner. The good news for your client is that it is not a legally binding trust so there are no legal fees to set one up. Please reach out to your Account Manager for information on how to open an ITF account.
- RRIF/LIF/Spousal RRIF Update
- Client Dashboard Update
- Can I brand and white label?
- Can my client open an In Trust For (ITF) account and are they legal trust accounts?
- What kinds of features are there to help my clients save?
- Do I need to be with my client every time they login, set up an account, or process a transaction?
- How does my client update their email address?
- How do my clients access their statements?